Carpool lane sticker in Los Angeles

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
meltzer17

Carpool lane sticker in Los Angeles

Postby meltzer17 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:14 pm

It blows my mind that the 2012 Volt's are going to get carpool lane stickers and the 2011 owners will not. They are slapping the early adopters (2011 owners) in the face. We are the ones that took a chance on their new technology. I love my Volt, but come on. Do a little lobbying for us Chevy. Anyone else feel the same?

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Re: Carpool lane sticker in Los Angeles

Postby PatrickZWang » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:20 am

I actually talked to Tony Posawatz about this issue last year when the Volt came out, Believe my GM tried to get CARB to move on the Emissions Rule (Sounds dumb since you so rarely use gas doesn't it). We would have loved HOV / Rebates from California.

The technical difficultly with getting a PZEV rating on a PHEV like a Volt is actually much harder than a regular ICE or hybrid because the engine can cycle on / off and not stay warm the whole time.

Voltron

Re: Carpool lane sticker in Los Angeles

Postby Voltron » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Think all 2012.5 CA Volts can qualify for the new HOV sticker and a $1500 rebate. I feel for all the early adopters, but I think the CA DMV ended issuing HOV stickers for all hybrids for a few years now. CA has restarted the HOV Sticker and rebate to encourage new Plug In EV's since this is a newer technology. The Volt did not qualify for the earlier models because they did not have a Hold feature to save a batteries charge for city driving. From the way it was explained to me, the Mountian drive mode is like a Hold mode that allows the 2012.5 Volt now qualifies for the cleaner emissions HOV status. Hopefully this may be an upgrade for earlier Volt owners.

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”