Driving in Snow

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
BrendaB

Driving in Snow

Postby BrendaB » Tue May 29, 2012 12:42 pm

I am hoping to purchase a Volt soon and am doing my research. Does anyone have experience driving their Volt in snowy/icy conditions? How does it handle? Thank you!

Chevrolet Cust Svc

Re: Driving in Snow

Postby Chevrolet Cust Svc » Wed May 30, 2012 8:37 am

Hi BrendaB,

We are very glad to hear you are interested in buying a Volt! Here is a link from our gm-volt forum with some owner experiences with driving their Volt in the snow:

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php ... light=snow

There are several other threads regarding driving in the snow on this site, among other experience in a variety of conditions and driving tips.

Volt Advisor Trevor
Chevrolet Volt Advisor Team
If you have any further questions feel free to contact the Chevrolet Volt Advisor Team
(877) 486-5846
Volt Advisor Hours:
Monday - Friday 8AM to 11PM EST.
Saturday 11AM to 8PM EST.

Closed on Sunday.

dynamo joe

Postby dynamo joe » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:10 am

Yes! It snowed in Denver the weekend of Nov. 10-11 and I gave it a test. It was in the teens, so the ground was very icy. In a nearby parking lot I executed a few sharp, accelerating turns, and the traction control worked perfectly. Next some aggressive, in-line braking, hoping for a controlled skid, however, ABS said "no skid, kid". Finally I considered a "doughnut" (in the interest of research) but did not want to risk tire damage, with no spare and cold conditions to repair, etc, etc.

So, shift into "L" and accelerate smoothly,when you want to stop lift foot from gas pedal and let the drag stop you. Do NOT tap brakes, just gently apply and ABS will do its thing. Allow a bit more time for your commute, crank up your seat heater to 3 and enjoy!

Juntinyyu

Postby Juntinyyu » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:34 am

I do not see anything that tells me somebody.

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”