Volt handling at Dealer's Facility

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
SpaceCadet

Volt handling at Dealer's Facility

Postby SpaceCadet » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:35 pm

I would like to get some feedback from this forum on a topic that is bothering me concerning a Volt I'm in the process of buying, or maybe not. The car was found at a dealer near Corput Christi, Texas and driven to San Antonio so I could see it. My concern is that the car sat outside for 60+ days in Corpus (hot, very humid) and when it arrived in San Antonio it was filthy inside and out. I was told it had been prepared for sale in Corpus but looking at the condition of the can I don't see how it could have been. Further, when it arrived in San Antonio it had a radiator system cooling leak. I went down to see it and the tech's coke was sitting on the floor and the carpet had been pulled up from under the molding on one side. The tech had left his laptop running to do a software update but no one was monitoring the status of the update. Granted that in my work building spacecraft systems I'm a trained nit picker, but it seems to me that both dealers have handled this car very poorly.

Opinions? Suggestions?

trb

Re: Volt handling at Dealer's Facility

Postby trb » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:53 am

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. If that is how a dealer represents their product they obviously don't take pride in what they do. The supply of 2012's has picked up since the plant started production again, what are your local dealers saying about timing for incoming Volts?

SpaceCadet

Postby SpaceCadet » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:31 am

They are quoting 12-16 weeks to get a new Volt built.

roar

Postby roar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:12 pm

SpaceCadet wrote:They are quoting 12-16 weeks to get a new Volt built.

Have you checked lately?

If you can't find one, come to California - I think we are getting many (or most) of them anyway. I had at least a dozen to choose from at just one dealer on June 30th! All dealers I contacted (5) seemed to be fully stocked and dealing. They all said that shipments had just arrived.
Thom - one white 2012

SpaceCadet

Postby SpaceCadet » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Thom,

Thanks. I was finally able to find out the real history of the car. The biggest problem was the salesman, he had the history of the car completely wrong. After I got the story straight and after the car was really dealer prepped, things were OK. I have had the car for a couple of weeks now and love it.

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”