Wish I hadn't bought my Volt

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
Jacquewantz

Wish I hadn't bought my Volt

Postby Jacquewantz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:45 am

I had my Volt for only 10 days when it stopped charging. It took two days for the dealer to figure out the problem ( still not 100% sure they are correct. The part has been ordered ... Bottom line they will have the car for 8 days what a waste of my time and money! I feel that Chevy should at a minimum offer me the extended warranty for free given the car stopped charging after only 1000 miles. Has anyone else had this happen?

Jeff N

Re: Wish I hadn't bought my Volt

Postby Jeff N » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:56 pm

This is a rare problem since I have not seen it discussed on any of the Volt or other EV forums that I read. Please let us know what the problem was when it is fixed.
The answer is 0042.

CD8TR

Postby CD8TR » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:35 am

Jacquewantz,

I just discovered this site this morning and read your post. Purchased my Volt Jan 2012; early August is stopped charging with no prior warning or problems. Local dealer replaced battery pack (had to be overnighted along with special lift to remove battery from the vehicle. They also performed battery recall and replaced the standard charging cord (recall) at same visit. Car returned about 3 days later. I have the 240 Voltec charger buy the way.

Coincidently, after this visit, car ran great, but I noticed was pulling to the right (not related to normal road grading). Had to return twice before problem corrected; however, seems fine now, although the steering wheel is now pointed slightly to the left when traveling straight......will try to get that fixed whenever its at the dealership next time.

Volts

Postby Volts » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:47 pm

I purchased my volt 12/30/11, I have 35000 miles on it with very little trouble. I had a strut replaced and a headliner issue, all repaired under warranty.

apvkt

Postby apvkt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:34 am

Volts wrote:I purchased my volt 12/30/11, I have 35000 miles on it with very little trouble. I had a strut replaced and a headliner issue, all repaired under warranty.

It is very nice to buy volt but i came to know that it makes a lot of troubles..Be careful in maintaining the car...Check the accessories always..

pbernard

Postby pbernard » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Never had a major problem. Love my Volt.

coffee4matt

Postby coffee4matt » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:06 am

I wish I had bought my Volt sooner! I read that Volt has the highest owner loyalty of any product GM makes. I know there are a lot of happy/ loyal Chevy Truck, Cadillac & Corvette owners out there, so that's impressive. I will post here to correct the record if I become more disillusioned after more miles (only have 6,000 now), but I certainly love my 2014 Volt, and have had zero problems. (Great warranty, too if I ever do...)

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:13 am

The Chevy Volt is the single best car I have owned since purchasing cars . Bought my Volt in August 2015 and hands down us better engineered than any vehicle I have had from the muscle cars of the 50's to The Bmw 750il , Mercedes 560srl , the Chevy Volt offers everything with no compromise .

deathtotocy

Postby deathtotocy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:48 am

How or knowledge from here 24 hours a day

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”