10 day old Volt still not fixed

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
Jacquewantz

10 day old Volt still not fixed

Postby Jacquewantz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Well the part for my Volt came in today and it did not fix the problem. It will be at least three more days. The dealership is trying to help. I have not had any response from Chevy, I am disappointed to say the least! Someone named Trevor asked for my vin number two days ago no word yet. Hope everyone is okay maybe Sandy has something to do with it...

Jeff N

Re: 10 day old Volt still not fixed

Postby Jeff N » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:28 pm

You mentioned Trevor asking for your VIN. There is a so-called "Volt Advisor" named Trevor who works on behalf of GM to help coordinate feedback to GM and also to coordinate and help resolve repair issues with dealers. That is a level of customer service you won't find from Nissan or other car companies other than Tesla. I'm not sure if that is the same Trevor. Did you post anything on GM-Volt.com?

What is wrong with your car?
The answer is 0042.

Jacquewantz

Postby Jacquewantz » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi Jeff, it was Trevor, I did message him he said he never received my IM. So I emailed him a copy of the messages. He said he was door his Facebook account must not be working, really! He said he would check into the matter, never heard from Jim again. I received an email from a Stacy who was supposed to be my advisor. The only time she bothered to communicate with me was to tell me that the dealer had the part for my car, which one? I have my car back, however before u could leave the dealership they had to buff out several scratches and re- install the facia due to it being crooked! I am still sick that I spent so much money on a car that was in the shop after 10 days.

trb

Postby trb » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:43 am

When I had the battery enhancement performed my Volt was in and out of the shop for about 6 weeks and I was in the same frame of mind as you are. I was very vocal about the problem and never heard directly from GM. I honestly felt they should have given me a new car in its place but that did not happen. Believe it or not once the issues were finally resolved I have not had one problem. I hope all of your issues are resolved soon. Have you considered taking it to another Dealer?

wolf3510

Postby wolf3510 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:42 am

im getting my new 2013 volt in 2 days, ive talked with several of the mechanics and as i suspected, the volt is so new very few of them even know how to do repairs...this will change in time
we were actually discussing about the oil spray under carriage and i remarked that might not be a good idea as if the spray got into the battery compartment....
same with the elctronic module that i have on my truck for rust prevention...they dont want to even try and hook that up on the volt, because they dont know if it would interfere with the electronics...and i dont blame them

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”