Volt in Florida......Air conditioning

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
Tyreabusa

Volt in Florida......Air conditioning

Postby Tyreabusa » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:28 am

Hi . I am considering buying a Volt for my commute in Florida. Does anyone know if the air conditioning has the ability to keep up with the summer heat onslaught ? Does anyone already have experience of the car in Florida ???

Tyreabusa

Re: Volt in Florida......Air conditioning

Postby Tyreabusa » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:25 am

Wow.......122 reads of my post so far, yet no one owns a Volt in Florida, and can tell me if the a/c is up to the job !!! So weird !

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Postby PatrickZWang » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 pm

I drove a Volt in the Michigan summer (93 degrees, 80% humidity) and it worked just fine, does that count? The compressor on the Volt is more than powerful enough to keep up with A/C needs.

;)

Patrick

Dave C2561

Postby Dave C2561 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:28 pm

I live in FL, Tampa Bay area. I have owned the Volt for over 1 year. The AC is absolutely no problem here. When it is on, it is on the Eco setting. My wife is tough on having AC and she is happy. Actually we both are totally pleased with the car. At 1 year ownership, we had used 2.5 gallons of gas and had 9000 miles on the car. The computer then made us use the engine until below 1/4 tank. I filled it up and spent $31.00 on gas for one years use. I filled with 90 octane Ethanol-gree gas.

Buy one, you can't go wrong. The IRS did spend 6 mos trying to figure out the $7500.00 tax credit, however. Finally credited me.

Dave

trb

Postby trb » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:33 am

I live in Michigan and bought my Volt this past April and the a/c was more than capable in keeping me cool during the dog days of summer.
On another note; I've got 5200 miles on my Volt and have only used 6.8 gallons of gas. I'm not quite as efficient as Dave C2561 but I'm doing pretty good.

Tyreabusa, the Volt is an exceptional car that you will not regret buying.

trb
C2608

Adam007

Postby Adam007 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 am

According to my knowledge that's not a problems for A/c because the car's air conditions are made for working in any condition and if they fail to work then it means there is some problem in company's manufacturing unit. So don't worry about it and use the car. Good Luck.

ElCapitan

Postby ElCapitan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:10 pm

I live in Houston where the heat is punishing. I have had no problems with the air conditioning. I am also amazed at how little it drains the all electric range. The best thing is using the auto start feature to cool it while plugged in. Love the car.

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”