Got my Volt!

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
goyogi

Got my Volt!

Postby goyogi » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Just picked up my Volt at Concord Chevrolet today! I got about 34mpc before the gas engine kicked in. The great thing is that it kicked in JUST before the Sunol grade so I had a chance to see it work in a difficult situation. It took the hill fine with no extra gas power till about half way up the grade. Then the gasser revved noticeably more till I was over the pass. No problemo. I'd be curious how it handles Hwy 17 over the Santa Cruz mountains with zero battery juice without using mountain mode.

First day and so far lifetime mpg of 191!

Jeff N

Re: Got my Volt!

Postby Jeff N » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:36 am

Congrats on getting your Volt!

I know you have talked about wanting to modify the grey "cladding" that runs under the doors along the side of the car. I believe that it might be possible to remove it. I assume it will be painted the body color but it might have some mounting holes for some of the cladding attach points. A body shop might have useful suggestions. I'm interested to find out what, if any, modification you end up making. I agree with you that GM should have left the cladding off like they did for the Ampera variation they will sell in Europe.
The answer is 0042.

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Postby PatrickZWang » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:43 pm

I've been told that the gray strip is a way to make the profile of the car look thinner (blends into the road, kind of like how black hides fat).

Knowing that now I have a great appreciation for the gray strip, but I could see why you would want to have it match the body panels as well.

Patrick

frede

Postby frede » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Congrats GoYogi. I saw a Gray Volt in Mountain View on Friday, guess that wasn't you if you picked yours up on Sat. It wasn't far from Google, and I saw on a GM-volt thread that 2 Google execs got Vin #s 003 and 004, so maybe it was one of them.

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”