any bicycle rack option?

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
ggvolt000

any bicycle rack option?

Postby ggvolt000 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:34 am

i havent noticed that it has no bike hitch in the behind although salesman told me there is a hitch size of 1 1/4. Unless he told me a lie, I only see a white square light in the place of hitch. IS there any way to install bike rack in the behind? Has anyone installed hitch mounted rack? I know there are other options available such as roof rack, trunk mounted but I'd really like to install the hitch mounted rack. Thanks.,

vevs

Re: any bicycle rack option?

Postby vevs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:26 pm

My Malibu Maxx window rack was a poor fit on my 2013 Volt. There are two 1 1/4 inch hitch receiver styles available, one (I have) fits just below the backup light assembly; the other bolts to the rear (internal) bumper beam and is covered by the (flip up) license plate. Search on Volt hitch to see these. Mine bolts to the frame on the right side and two holes you drill to the left of the 12 v battery, with some cutouts to the under trunk black fiber cover. The standard 1 1/4 in bike rack slides in and locks with pin or anti-rock bolt. The other style (hidden) is 3x cost and 4x work to install but a lot stronger.

Lovxzons

Re: any bicycle rack option?

Postby Lovxzons » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:42 pm

I think I have more information on this issue. May help you

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”