New Chevy Volt Buyer's Poll and Sound Off!

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!

What Color Volt Did You Order?

Viridian Joule Tricoat
19%
White Diamond Tricoat
5%
Crystal Red Tintcoat
14%
Black
5%
Silver Ice Metallic
38%
Cyber Gray Metallic
19%

Total votes: 21

Chevrolet Cust Svc

Re: New Chevy Volt Buyer's Poll and Sound Off!

Postby Chevrolet Cust Svc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:32 am

Jerry is correct: Regular VOLT production has been scheduled to start in November and shortly after the start of production the only trim package option available has been planned to be phased in after the holiday period. At this time it will be very early January.

Angie – Chevrolet Volt Advisor
If you have any further questions feel free to contact the Chevrolet Volt Advisor Team
(877) 486-5846
Volt Advisor Hours:
Monday - Friday 8AM to 11PM EST.
Saturday 11AM to 8PM EST.

Closed on Sunday.

carbuff81

Postby carbuff81 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:34 am

Angie, I am confused by what you just had said in your last message, saying that Jerry was right, Jerry was right about what? I am looking to take delivery of my Chevy Volt by end of March of 2011, so hopefully by then the black leather with dark accents package will be available. I like to know what happens when you choose the neutral color leather interior, according to the website if you choose the neutral leather is only comes with the dark accent dash. So if I can't get black with black, I will go with the neutral and black then. Still haven't heard anything from the dealer or from the company since placing my order over a month ago now.

sgc

Postby sgc » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:59 am

I tracked my order successfully. It said the order was received on Aug 9 [consistent with my Aug 6 visit to dealership] and "Vehicle being produced" on Aug 23. This is likely inaccurate because we know Nov 11, 2010 is the date production begins for public consumption. But who's complaining.

A note says: "Final order documentation is on its way to the factory, where the assembly line is being prepped, materials are being ordered and production is being scheduled. Once in production, your vehicle will continue down the assembly line where it will receive the quality manufacturing that makes it a Chevrolet. Check back soon to view your vehicle’s most recent status."

Compared to the notes that others have posted about their orders, I feel confident my order is within the initial allocation for my dealer.

carbuff81

Postby carbuff81 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:10 pm

SGC, how were you able to track your order? The dealer gave me an order number, but where do you go to track the order?

Jerry R

Postby Jerry R » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:15 pm

See Patricks front page story with full details for you

Jerry

sgc

Postby sgc » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:10 pm

carbuff81 wrote:SGC, how were you able to track your order? The dealer gave me an order number, but where do you go to track the order?

go to http://www.chevrolet.com/ordertracking/

Voltage

Postby Voltage » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Placed my order @ Concord Chevrolet. Team there was very nice, no additional mark-up. Made a $1000 down payment, choose my options (viridian joule, cloth interior) and was told to expect delivery mid/end November. I had been number 7 of 12 on the waiting list. BTW, the call from the dealership came about a month ago.

Patrick, the Chevy team @ Concord recommended your site BTW. They really appreciate all the publicity you've been sending their way.

Looking forward to my new Volt!

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Postby PatrickZWang » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Congrats! Hope you enjoy your new car. I'm interested to see how GM's production schedule turns out.

Good to hear that Concord is still doing well :)

Patrick

Jerry R

Postby Jerry R » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:56 am

I just went to 3000.

Jerry

sgc

Postby sgc » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:21 am

According to CamaroTracking.com, I am now at "(3000) Order accepted by production control."...surprising I skipped the 2000 code.

And according to chevrolet.com/ordertracking, I have this message now:
Final order documentation is on its way to the factory, where the assembly line is being prepped, materials are being ordered and production is being scheduled. Once in production, your vehicle will continue down the assembly line where it will receive the quality manufacturing that makes it a Chevrolet. Check back soon to view your vehicle’s most recent status.

Also, my "vehicle status" bar shows "vehicle being produced" as of 9/28/10. Nice to see my dealer's info was accurate and true.

FYI.. I selected silver exterior, black console, natural leather seats.

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”