New Chevy Volt Buyer's Poll and Sound Off!

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!

What Color Volt Did You Order?

Viridian Joule Tricoat
19%
White Diamond Tricoat
5%
Crystal Red Tintcoat
14%
Black
5%
Silver Ice Metallic
38%
Cyber Gray Metallic
19%

Total votes: 21

Jeff N

Re: New Chevy Volt Buyer's Poll and Sound Off!

Postby Jeff N » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:21 am

My Volt order with the AFI interior (black leather seats with black console) just moved into "Vehicle Being Produced" status this morning so I assume it will be built sometime in December or early January.
The answer is 0042.

mudfud

Postby mudfud » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:40 pm

just ordered a silver volt with black interior, not leather, and the rear camera/parking package.

number 9 in Salinas CA.

darn it, I just missed the first batch of 8 headed to Salinas. supposed to be February by the time my vehicle comes. anyone know someone at GM?

carbuff81

Postby carbuff81 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:22 pm

You could have tried another dealership to see if you could have got on the first batch due to arrive around December. I was the first at my dealership in Lakewood, NJ.

Jeff N

Postby Jeff N » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:50 am

My order moved to 3400 on October 19 and I just found out it is scheduled to begin assembly this coming week.

Patrick's order should be just ahead of mine so I'm wondering what his build week is.....

I think Jerry said (as VoltGuy on GM-Volt.com) that his car began assembly during the last week of October although it had a scheduled build week starting Nov. 1. Other comments there indicate that for the first 2-3 weeks of assembling customer cars they are only building 15-25 a week and the normal build time for a specific car is normally around 5 days but is running 2-3 times slower right now. Jerry's car started 2 weeks ago and it is apparently still in the paint shop area according to a friend of his who works at the factory.
The answer is 0042.

frede

Postby frede » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:30 am

I'm confused how cars can have started being produced at the end of October, take 10-15 days to complete, yet the first car ("Job 1") isn't going to roll of the assembly line until Nov 30. Are they really going to store these completed cars for 2 weeks just for some dumb ceremony?

My car hit 3400 2 days ago. My Volt Advisor called to tell me it would be out of production in late Dec or January (which is an odd twist of phrase...why not "early January"?), and after that it would go thru QA and then get shipped.

TommyBoy

Postby TommyBoy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:35 pm

8-) Adding my $0.02...

Our local dealer seems to have picked up the ball nicely; but GM needs to do a bit better in care and feeding of those that are interested in ordering and have ordered.

I ordered in late October. Dealer gave me at that time and has since forwarded telephone #s, URLs (e.g., SPX's, PG&E, articles, etc.) and updated materials when they get them from Chevy/GM (or find them on their own). Got my 1st correspondence from Chevy/GM 12/15, acknowledging my order (6 weeks+ later?). :roll:

What I ordered:
Dealer: F.H. Dailey Chevrolet, San Leandro, CA
Color: Cyber Grey Metallic
Interior Trim Package: Jet Black & Green Seats/Dark Accents (leather)
Wheels: 17" Polished Forged Aluminum
Backup Camera and Parking Assist: Yes, Yes

Am I still looking forward to "myVolt?" yes.
Am I still buying the hype that Chevy/GM has changed for the better? The jury is out. Hope is waning though.
...My family (here and back in the Midwest) are taking note of how this is going for me.
Volt #898, aka "Heidi" (my greyhound) :cool:
GBV - Cyber Grey Metallic with upgrades: Premium Trim, Park Assist, Polished Al Wheels

nwfan

Postby nwfan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi,
Walked into my Volt #1508.
Just started trying to get one. Went through a local Ft Worth TX dealer.
He advised me 6 month wait.
Three days later, called and asked if I wanted a Crystal Red Volt.
Took deliver today. Apparently, person who ordered was unable to
secure finacing. I was lucky enough to pickup Red Volt with black leather
and dark accents.

Biggest surprise. How quiet.
Next, roomy. 6'4" and I have room to spare.

Keith

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Postby PatrickZWang » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Congrats Keith! You'll love it!

Patrick

franksvinthed

Postby franksvinthed » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:10 pm

New to the forum but wanted to add mine Volt to the list.

Chevy Volt Launch Market: Detroit, MI
Dealer: Buff Whelan Chevrolet
Color: White Diamond Tricoat
Interior Trim Package: Black Leather with White Accents (Code: AFE)
Backup Camera and Parking Assist: Yes

TommyBoy

Update on my earlier post

Postby TommyBoy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:54 pm

I'm keeping a running topic on my experiencewith Heidi (my Volt) under the owners' forum here. Needless to say, the buying experience did get better after that post. And, now my owning experience is awesome.
Volt #898, aka "Heidi" (my greyhound) :cool:
GBV - Cyber Grey Metallic with upgrades: Premium Trim, Park Assist, Polished Al Wheels

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”