New Chevy Volt Buyer's Poll and Sound Off!

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!

What Color Volt Did You Order?

Viridian Joule Tricoat
19%
White Diamond Tricoat
5%
Crystal Red Tintcoat
14%
Black
5%
Silver Ice Metallic
38%
Cyber Gray Metallic
19%

Total votes: 21

Fred Bockmann

Re: New Chevy Volt Buyer's Poll and Sound Off!

Postby Fred Bockmann » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Glad to find this site - the day I ordered my Volt.

Had been working with a dealer on the San Francisco peninsula since late November. Gave a $1000 deposit on 12/5. My place in line has varied from 24 to 28 to, as of last week, 17. They still do not have a demonstrator, and had never proactively called me.

I finally wised up. Checked out Yelp and other sites to see which were the good SF Bay area dealers. Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose popped up frequently as a repeatable dealer. Left a note on their web site, and received a call the next morning from Jason, an excellent sales rep.

Capitol Chevrolet has had a demonstrator for over a month (black with a huge stylized VOLT decal on the sides). They had 5 Volts in stock, and still had 3 slots to custom order more. The dealership has a new owner as of 3 months ago, and Chevrolet is making sure they get a solid start.

Made an appointment with Jason for yesterday morning (it was his day off, but as a good salesman, he made himself available whenever a customer was interested). He gave me the full presentation and demonstration of the vehicle (I didn't let him know I had been following the engineering and development for the past 5 years). My wife and Jason took about an hour test drive and loved the car. I am 6'2' and my wife is 5'1" - and fit us both well.

Pulled together our order:
Veridian Joule (love the pun),
back-up camera package,
premium trim with neutral/black leather
standard wheels

Car should be here in 8 to 10 weeks. I'll let you know.

frede

Re: New Chevy Volt Buyer's Poll and Sound Off!

Postby frede » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Congrats on placing your order. You will not be disappointed!

Fred

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”