Would a Volt be good for me???

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
michealgimies

Would a Volt be good for me???

Postby michealgimies » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:46 am

Hello Volt community,

I have been reading a lot about the Volt and it seems like it would be a great car for my needs. Currently I am leasing a car but once this lease is up (In January) my plan was to buy a car under 15k and keep it for at least 4 years but probably longer.

My current commute is around 20-25 miles a day depending on what I am doing. That means range shouldn’t be a problem for most of the year but I live in Michigan so the cold could be an issue in the winter. I also take a few 200mi+ trips a year but with the gas that is no problem.

The main concern I have is that I park in the street with a sidewalk in between the house and the road , is it fine to run an extension cord to charge the Volt. I would be using a normal 120v outlet to charge. There are also charging stations at school so I might be able to charge there if they are open.

Do you think the Volt would work for what I need it for? If you think it would be a good car, what are the main issues I should look for when purchasing one?UC browser SHAREit Appvn

Thanks!

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”