Lease or Buy?

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
Mwoo

Re: Lease or Buy?

Postby Mwoo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm a potential Volt buyer (or lessee) in Southern California and would welcome advice from those who have come before. My current car is a 2004 Prius with 150,000+ miles on it. Although I'm generally quite satisfied with my Prius, I'm getting tired of the rising cost of maintaining the car and am getting serious about looking for a plug-in hybrid alternative. Because I drive about 75 miles roundtrip in my daily commuting to work, I am assuming that the Volt is a better option for me than the plug-in Prius. My workplace (Cal Poly Pomona) is not going to be installing charging stations on our campus in the near future, so I probably cannot count on being able to charge up the battery during work hours. So I assume that I will be able to drive from home to work (about 30 - 32 miles) using the electric battery, and then will be relying on the gas engine for the trip home. Here are some questions.

How should I figure out which local Chevy dealer I should go to?
Given the fact that I drive about 75 miles daily five days per week (or about 24,000 miles per year including weekend driving), I assume that the usual mileage limits which accompany leases (or the cost of paying for extra miles beyond the mileage limit) may mean that, in my case, buying makes more sense than leasing a Volt. Is this a reasonable assumption?
I've heard that below-projection sales of Volts, leading to GM's reduced production of Volts, may make it hard to find a Volt at a dealership, or may require waiting for delivery of a Volt, or may cause a dealer to mark up the price of a Volt. Is this true?

Any other advice would be welcome. Thank you.

soxfanben

Postby soxfanben » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:53 pm

I'm sure you could find a Volt. The dealer where I leased mine (in Chicago) always has several on the lot. You could negotiate a lease with more miles allowed. but that could get expensive. Another idea would be to purchase a used one. At least in my area low mileage Volts are starting to show up more often. You're going to put a lot of miles on it anyway...

Ben

wolf3510

Postby wolf3510 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:06 am

Just bought my volt, 2013 silver ...and i cant wait.. it comes in 2 days...i have a 2012 silverado pickup...love my truck but the gas is just killing me...out of the blue the dealership that i bought the truck from called me up and said if they could put me in a car of my choice for cheaper then what im paying would i go for it...ah hell yeah and now the volt will be here...

only option i got was the back up camera
got the 3 year full ext warranty
interior and paint and roadside
they took my truck

payments will be 1.50 less then the truck but no more 100 dollar a week gas bill...

cant wait

heres a question...i have in the barn the 240 outlet...do they make a 240 charger that can plug in to these outlets?

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”