Chevy impala stabilitrak problem

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
askme77

Chevy impala stabilitrak problem

Postby askme77 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:48 am

I have a 2015 Chevy Impala Limited 3.6L (not the newest model, the older one they made to be used as rental cars.) The problem I’m having is that whenever I make a left turn, the drivers side wheel makes a grinding sound and it slows the car down. Also, the ABS light comes on as well as the Traction control light. To make matters worse, the “Service Traction Control,” “Service Brake Assist” and “Service Stabilitrak” message flash on the dashboard.

I’ve already had the front hub and the ABS sensor wire replaced twice. Once by the dealer and the next time I did it myself. That didn’t resolve the problem. I even changed the brake caliper. What I’ve done recently is unplug the wire from the wheel hub. It’s been almost two weeks and so far, the car has not made that noise. All of the lights are still on and the red brake light is obviously on. I’m thinking the problem has something to do with the computer. I see that a lot of people have had the same problem that I’m having but GM hasn’t issued any recalls (I have my own theory about this). Has anyone been able to find a solution to this problem?

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”