Chevrolet Calls!

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
Jeff N

Chevrolet Calls!

Postby Jeff N » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:32 pm

Okay, I just got my first phone call from Chevrolet after placing my order 2 weeks ago.

The caller read me a short script about what to expect next and asked for an email address they could use for sending me future information. The "real" call from my official Volt Advisor will happen when my car is scheduled for production. That's when they will also help arrange a 240V charger installation if I want one. The guy I talked to today could not predict when that might happen other than it would be sometime in the next few months.

I'm looking forward to some email before then....
The answer is 0042.

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Re: Chevrolet Calls!

Postby PatrickZWang » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Yup - I just got a call today as well. Good way to keep people informed, basically setting the expectation that the next contact will be in a few months.

Very cool!

Patrick

Jerry R

Postby Jerry R » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Patrick was there a place you went to check your order status once you got your order number, just to see it was entered. I seem to remember reading that somewhere. I don't mean the upcoming order tracker web page but another resource.

Jerry

JohnK

Postby JohnK » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Jerry, there is a "Camaro tracking" website that works for Volts and other Chevrolet orders. It is a very solid site that has more detail than the Volt order tracking site. Go to www.camarotracking.com and you will need to enter you email address and Volt order number. It will take a day or two (maybe three) and you will get back an email that will be used to activate your service. It will then give you access to the site, to blogs with expert assistance, and start sending you email updates (once a week if status is 1100). Once it gets near to production you will get daily updates. There are other features too, like notification of what your new VIN is, and then the ability to see the window sticker and also how many other cars just like yours have been produced. Pretty cool! Well, everything about the Volt is cool, but still...

Jerry R

Postby Jerry R » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:14 am

Hi John

I found the camaro site and have enjoyed it. I got an update from them yesterday showing that I am at 3000 now.

Jerry

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”