Which one should i prefer 2018/2019??

Discuss here where you plan on buying a Volt, good and bad dealers as well as how to get rebates and incentives for the Volt!
techbud

Which one should i prefer 2018/2019??

Postby techbud » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:31 pm

I'm looking to buy a new Volt before the end of year. I need to make sure I get a great deal since they depreciate so fast. If I can't get a price I'm happy with, I'll go with a traditional ICE sedan that's a little bigger.

A few questions:

1 - Compared to a Malibu or Cruz, what's the dealer/manufacturer profit margin on a Volt? I've heard there is little profit because of the expensive battery and powertrain, others say there is lots of profit because of the tax credits and EV credits that GM sells to other manufacturers.

2 - With the 200k car limit on tax credits approaching, any chance of GM giving out big incentives to push sales? If they're going to hit it, they might as well try to max out their manufacturing capability for the next 1-2 quarters while the free money is there. That's my hope at least. Wondering what the credit phase out will do to incentives??check-distance.com

3 - Is the 6-way power seat offered on the 2019 adjustable in the same way that the manual seat is (front to back, up and down, lean back forward -- 6 ways)? Not having lumbar adjustment on a 40k car is crazy. Seats feel comfortable in the 2018 but no telling how much after 2 hours.

4 - What discounts do you think I can get on a new 2019 right after they start showing up at dealers? Located in PA, not a compliance state. If it's cheaper to drive to a certain region to get a deal, I will (within reason).

Return to “Chevy Volt Buyers Forums”