Bluetooth with Verizon Thunderbolt

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
Way2fast

Bluetooth with Verizon Thunderbolt

Postby Way2fast » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Has anyone had any problems using bluetooth with a Verizon Thunderbolt phone? On any incoming calls the command center says to accept call. When you do nothing comes thru the stereo and I have to pick up my phone to talk on it. This also happens with out going calls.

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth with Verizon Thunderbolt

Postby PatrickZWang » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:37 pm

I've had Bluetooth Connectivity issues lately as well - waiting to see if the software update helps. Have you gotten your Volt's software updated yet? Or is this a newer Volt?

Patrick

Way2fast

Postby Way2fast » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:55 am

I have only had the car for 10 days but it was the dealer's demo that they had for 6 months. I will call the dealer and see if was updated

jivskip

Postby jivskip » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:49 am

I have an equally interesting cell phone - Samsung Charge which even Verizon technicians can't get to work on all cylinders. However it works great with the Volt but not as the Volt manual suggests. When I picked up the Volt this week, the dealer showed me how the bluetooth worked. Er ah... However trial and error and dumb luck finally won out.

The other interesting variable is that the On Star system provides much clearer telephone calls to all parties. Tempting.

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Postby PatrickZWang » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:02 pm

The Antenna for Onstar has a much more powerful transmitter and greater range than your cell phone can put out, which makes for better call quality all things being equal. Otherwise it uses Verizon's network. Obviously your Volt battery has a little more oomph than your phone's :)

Patrick

Way2fast

Postby Way2fast » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:07 pm

I had them upgrade the software and it still does the same thing. If I get a phone call the car might not do anything. I answer the call on my phone and start talking with the phone. After a few minutes the bluetooth will pick up the call and switch it through the car. Same when I make a call out. I think the car switches between OnStar and bluetooth.

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”