Turning off radio?

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
dpcamm@aol.com

Turning off radio?

Postby dpcamm@aol.com » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:16 pm

From Cleveland, Ohio: I have had my Volt for a month now. One of the first ones in Northeast Ohio. I love this car!!
I had a 2008 Prius that I really liked, but this car is so much more fun to drive.

Question: There is a power switch button in the center console that is supposed to turn the radio on and off. However, it turns everything off. If I press the CLIMATE button to adjust the temperature, that also turns on the radio. Same thing if I press the NAV button. It seems that the only way to work with anything on the center console screen is to turn on the radio. The only way to turn the radio "off" and still use the center screen is to turn down the radio volume.
Is this correct?

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Re: Turning off radio?

Postby PatrickZWang » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Yup that's the only way as it stands now, to minimize the radio volume.

Patrick

dmason

Postby dmason » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:33 pm

That's how it was designed and unfortunately it's the hardware and not the software. No software updates to resolve it.

Sparky2012

Postby Sparky2012 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:44 am

This is such a poor design - that you can't turn off the radio and still have access or use the NAV, or Climate controls, etc.
It's so frustrating and stupid I'm thinking of getting rid of my Volt. It seems to me that Chevy should be able to come up with a fix wether it's a hardware or software related issue!

BobJordan

Postby BobJordan » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:20 am

You can be sure that GM will fix this!

lynnvinc

Postby lynnvinc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:16 pm

I was concerned about this problem, too. The dealer told me to turn the radio volume all the way down. That's fine, but my only issue is how much energy is this radio consuming with the volume all the way down? Does the energy consumption increase with increased volume? Or is the radio's energy consumption (volume up or down) just too small to worry about?

jacob11

Postby jacob11 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:56 am

I have faced same problem but i have not found any solve still now.Please advice me.Thanks a lot.
When you get to resultados nba the men`s room, you will used cars see a sign that says houses for rent in orlando fl.

sgc

Postby sgc » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:23 pm

All I do is hit the mute button on the steering wheel. I really dislike this design feature, that the radio must be on to operate every other function. Just a big hassle for no reason.

redsled1

Postby redsled1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:09 am

If the radio volume is turned all the way down, would an incoming blue tooth call have any ringing volume?

I assume the radio must be on for the phone to be linked and accessible to receive a call?

peckg

Postby peckg » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:28 am

I dislike the fact that I have to turn the volume down on the radio as well. I like to see my gadgets (I'm a gadget guy) AND "hear" how quiet the Volt is. I'm not looking for a fix in the near future however. My wife has had a Chevy Terrain for two years and it has the same issue.....and it bugs me in her car also.

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”