2nd Annual San Francisco Volt Party (Need your thoughts!)

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
PatrickZWang
Site Admin

2nd Annual San Francisco Volt Party (Need your thoughts!)

Postby PatrickZWang » Wed May 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Hey all you SF Bay area Volt owners,

Last year we did a Volt get together at the GM Advanced Technology Center in Palo Alto. I am looking to put another one of these together and want your suggestions for locations.

Likely planning on doing something on a weekend during the end of July.

http://www.mychevroletvolt.com/chevy-volt-ev-meet-greet-gm-advanced-tech-center-recap

Let me know your suggestions on location, they can be peninsula, South bay, East Bay etc.

Ideally somewhere where there is space to park, i'm thinking between 50-100 people (unless we get a lot more than I expect!)

Patrick

Voltron

Re: 2nd Annual San Francisco Volt Party (Need your thoughts!

Postby Voltron » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Be fun to do a tailgate party with a BBQ at the Giants Stadium at AT&T park and arrange with the parking lot to allow for recharging our Volts. Then go for a silent ralley on the waterfront, along the Embarcadero, past Fisherman's Wharf, through Crissy Field, over the Golden Gate Bridge and end in Sausalito. Then people can go their own way or get a bit to eat in Sausalito.

Jeff N

Postby Jeff N » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:37 pm

I like Voltran's idea of a Volt parade of sorts.

The only place I know of in the Bay Area with extensive charging capability is the Google campus in Mountain View. The BayLEAFs had a meeting there a few months ago. I could find the right Google contact person, if needed.
The answer is 0042.

roar

Postby roar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:57 pm

New Volt owner (July 1), but have wanted one since the concept car!

New here (today), but am active on forums in the photography world.

A Bay Area native and would go most anywhere, but would love to go (back for you) to the Tech Center in Palo Alto.
(if not this year, how about a return visit next year?)
Thom - one white 2012

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”