Sunroof

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
nringgold

Sunroof

Postby nringgold » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:29 pm

OK, I did it! I conquered my fear, allowed a vendor to cut a huge hole into my brand new 2012 Volt and install a sunroof! Of course, I chose a national company, that regularly does this for my Chevy dealer. In my case, I needed to do this "post-sale" to protect my HOV sticker status. I chose Classic Soft Trim as the vendor and their spoiler electric sunroof. They did an amazing job, especially with the headliner sewing/integration that looks like it was done at the Chevy factory. I love my new Volt and now I have the sticker and the sun!

Norm

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Re: Sunroof

Postby PatrickZWang » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Pictures please! :)

SpaceCadet

Postby SpaceCadet » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:00 am

I'd like to see photos as well. I take delivery of my Volt this week and I'd be interested in taking it over to the local Classic Soft Trim affiliate if the work done for you was good.

nringgold

Postby nringgold » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:20 pm

OK, I'll take some photos tonight and post them later.

Another WONDERFUL positive affect of the sunroof: when the sunroof is opened (either slightly or all the way), that annoying air-pocket oscillating noise goes away. This noise occurs regularly in many vehicles with rear windows opened, but I've experienced the noise in the Volt at higher speeds with only front windows opened. This goes away with the sunroof cracked.

Cool unexpected side-effect.

SpaceCadet

Postby SpaceCadet » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Do you have any idea how much headroom was lost with the installation of the sun roof?

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”