Tire Traction?

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
SpaceCadet

Tire Traction?

Postby SpaceCadet » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Anyone else had problems with poor traction from their Volt tires? My wife is almost afraid to drive our Volt on wet surfaces the traction is so poor.

Chevrolet Cust Svc

Re: Tire Traction?

Postby Chevrolet Cust Svc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:29 am

SpaceCadet wrote:Anyone else had problems with poor traction from their Volt tires? My wife is almost afraid to drive our Volt on wet surfaces the traction is so poor.

Good Morning SpaceCadet,

I apologize to hear about the traction with your Volt. I would make your Volt Advisor aware of the concern as well as have your dealership inspect the tires. Your Advisor can arrange a ride along with a service tech to experience what you and your wife are experiencing. If you would like to PM me your contact information and last 8 of your VIN I will be more than happy to get you in contact with your Advisor.

Thank you,

-Ian Chevrolet Volt Customer Service
If you have any further questions feel free to contact the Chevrolet Volt Advisor Team
(877) 486-5846
Volt Advisor Hours:
Monday - Friday 8AM to 11PM EST.
Saturday 11AM to 8PM EST.

Closed on Sunday.

trb

Postby trb » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:52 am

I've had mine since April, 2012, and haven't experienced poor traction on wet roads.

SpaceCadet

Postby SpaceCadet » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:08 am

Chevrolet Cust Svc wrote:
SpaceCadet wrote:Anyone else had problems with poor traction from their Volt tires? My wife is almost afraid to drive our Volt on wet surfaces the traction is so poor.

Good Morning SpaceCadet,

I apologize to hear about the traction with your Volt. I would make your Volt Advisor aware of the concern as well as have your dealership inspect the tires. Your Advisor can arrange a ride along with a service tech to experience what you and your wife are experiencing. If you would like to PM me your contact information and last 8 of your VIN I will be more than happy to get you in contact with your Advisor.

Thank you,

-Ian Chevrolet Volt Customer Service

Ian,

Thanks for the reply. I advised my OnStar Concierge of the issue a few days ago. The next time I get to drive the Volt (wife usually drives) I'll get more information. I'm not sure the traction control systrem is engaging from her description. It sure sounded like the car was skidding. She said she did see a warning message but was not sure what the message was. She definitely did not feel the pulsing normally felt when the antilock brakes have engaged. Stay tuned.

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”