View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Transmission Problems 

Post Transmission Problems
Volt went dead today. Could not get the car into "Park" or "L" so I put it in neutral last night and set the brake. This morning everything was dead. Volt team responded promptly when I call them and arranged for a tow truck to come. Jumped the battery which brought the electronics back to life and enabled me to open the charge door. I plugged the car in but a when I went back to check on it a couple of hours later I noticed it was no longer changing and dead once again. They are going to tow it tomorrow to the dealer. I also noticed a "remote not detected" message a few days before but I've read in posts here that this can be caused by a number of interference problems. Looks like I have a transmission problem but I will let you know. I still love this car.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Post Re: Transmission Problems
Cormar1,

I am sorry to hear of your situation. It sounds like your 12v battery is drained. When you had it jump started by roadside did you drive your Volt around to recharge the 12v? When the 120v charger is connected it only charges the high voltage battery not the 12v. The high voltage battery acts as an alternator and charges the 12v when being driven.

-Ian Chevrolet Volt Customer Service

Monday - Friday 8AM to 11PM EST.
Saturday 11AM to 8PM EST.

Closed on Sunday.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:15 am
Profile WWW

Hi guys,

It is a normal problem only but it has to be checked immediately.The transmission problems can be avoided by changing the transmission fluid once in a year. This prevents the important problems down the road and makes the engine to run in top form for a long duration.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:53 am
Profile WWW

Hi All

Ahhhhhhh the Volt does not have a transmission a gear comes off the motor and straight to the half shafts. I bet no matter how long you look you will not find a dip stick except for the gas motor . I know already what's going through your mind well if there is no transmission how does the volt go in reverse well electrical 101 they change the polarity of the motor.

Don

Fri May 02, 2014 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]