Paint scratches easily

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
Scopeland72

Paint scratches easily

Postby Scopeland72 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:59 am

I have the beautiful Viridian Joule color on my 2012 Volt. I notice it chips off easily. May be the light color, but normal loading and unloading the trunk has caused multiple places where the paint chipped off. Has anyone else noticed this?

wolf3510

Re: Paint scratches easily

Postby wolf3510 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:04 am

hmm interesting, just got mine on thursday, ill have to keep an eye out

MrSustainable

Re: Paint scratches easily

Postby MrSustainable » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:59 pm

I had been meaning to bring this up earlier this year. We keep our 2012 Volt in an open carport, and this winter (in Maine) I managed to scratch it up pretty badly shoveling up to 6 inches of snow off the vehicle. I think it was a road grit that was trapped in the snow when I pushed it off the roof with a plastic shovel. So I scratched up the black paint on the roof, and some scratches on the driver and passenger doors. I got an estimate of over $460 to repair the damage which I have yet to follow up on. I have never had paint scratch this easily on any other vehicle I have owned and it is particularly disappointing considering that this is the most expensive vehicle I have ever owned.
2017 Blue volt: SUN PWRD
My Volt web page: http://www.arttec.net/Chevy_Volt/index.htm

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”