Recall for power inverter module 13202

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
MrSustainable

Recall for power inverter module 13202

Postby MrSustainable » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:04 pm

I just got a postcard from our dealer here in Maine for a recall for the "power inverter module reprogram 13202". I called our Volt advisor and she was not fully up to speed on this particular recall, but did explain that it is not a critical update. She said it had something to do with moisture on sensors that might occasionally prevent a vehicle start or affect acceleration in some instances. She gave the impression that it was little more than a software reprogram but was not certain whether there was some hardware that required changes. Has anyone had any direct experience with this recall yet? I plan to take our vehicle into the dealer next week.

We have had three occasions over the last 18 months where the Volt would not start. The solution (per Volt advisors) was to turn it off and walk away more than 40 feet to get the key fob out of range and wait five or 10 minutes, then on returning it would wake up and start up correctly. Kinda like a cold boot for the computer. I am hoping that this recall will solve that issue since it was very inconvenient each time and most disconcerting.
2017 Blue volt: SUN PWRD
My Volt web page: http://www.arttec.net/Chevy_Volt/index.htm

RaceShopSteve

Re: Recall for power inverter module 13202

Postby RaceShopSteve » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Just had my Volt at the dealer because I had a (Service High Voltage Charging System) message. They had to reprogram battery charger control module.
They also had to reprogram power inverter per recall #13202. They did not have to replace any hardware.

Regards,
Steve

Chevrolet Cust Svc

Postby Chevrolet Cust Svc » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:24 am

MrSustainable wrote:I just got a postcard from our dealer here in Maine for a recall for the "power inverter module reprogram 13202". I called our Volt advisor and she was not fully up to speed on this particular recall, but did explain that it is not a critical update. She said it had something to do with moisture on sensors that might occasionally prevent a vehicle start or affect acceleration in some instances. She gave the impression that it was little more than a software reprogram but was not certain whether there was some hardware that required changes. Has anyone had any direct experience with this recall yet? I plan to take our vehicle into the dealer next week.

We have had three occasions over the last 18 months where the Volt would not start. The solution (per Volt advisors) was to turn it off and walk away more than 40 feet to get the key fob out of range and wait five or 10 minutes, then on returning it would wake up and start up correctly. Kinda like a cold boot for the computer. I am hoping that this recall will solve that issue since it was very inconvenient each time and most disconcerting.

Good Morning MrSustainable,

The Power Inverter Module Reprogram is not actually a recall. It is a Service Update Campaign. Some Dealers and Personal might refer to these campaigns as a recalls. This is due to some computer systems (provided by authorized 3rd party companies) referring to any campaigns as recalls which will display on screen and may even print as recall. If it were an actual recall you would be notified via mail by GM as well as by your Advisor.

Based on other customer's experiences the update may take anywhere to a half hour plus. There is not any hardware being replaced, a software calibration is being performed.

What your Advisor mentioned to you will allow all modules in the Volt to "sleep" which will rest the Volt. More or less a rebooting of the Volt.

-Ian Chevrolet EV Customer Service
If you have any further questions feel free to contact the Chevrolet Volt Advisor Team
(877) 486-5846
Volt Advisor Hours:
Monday - Friday 8AM to 11PM EST.
Saturday 11AM to 8PM EST.

Closed on Sunday.

Juntinyyu

Postby Juntinyyu » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:33 am

I do not believe it is so.

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”