Heidi my greyhound

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
Victor

Re: Heidi my greyhound

Postby Victor » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:37 am

TommyBoy wrote:Well it has been a little over six months and i promised myself to write a check-in at that point in time so here it is....

IMPROVE: This is a biggy!!! This is a safety issue!!! Relocate the drive mode button away from the on/off button. Twice in the six months, I've been driving and mistakenly hit the on/off button when I wanted to switch drive mode. Once, on the freeway, I even turned off the car by mistake doing this error. They are simply too close together. Paddle shifters on the steering wheel for the drive mode would also solve this issue for most drivers shifting modes while driving.

Wow, I always was wondering what would happen if I hit the power button at speed. At least a delay would be good, such as requiring you to hold the button down for 2 seconds to force shutoff.

All good suggestions you had.

Vic

TommyBoy

Re: Heidi my greyhound

Postby TommyBoy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:37 am

Victor,

I like your idea as one more safety feature: requiring the on/off button to be held in for 2 seconds when the car is in motion.

The power button needs to be touched twice (and there is a warning that pops up on the main dashboard). But when one is switching from Normal to Sport Mode (2 hits) or to Mountain Mode (3 touches of the button), one can readily and mistakenly do just that. So both times that I've made this mistake, the car was also too late in posting the warning on the dashboard.
Volt #898, aka "Heidi" (my greyhound) :cool:
GBV - Cyber Grey Metallic with upgrades: Premium Trim, Park Assist, Polished Al Wheels

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”