How to hack into computer?

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
kratutto

How to hack into computer?

Postby kratutto » Wed May 04, 2016 10:30 pm

Hi,
I am dismayed how few customization options I have in my newly bought 2012. And frustrated about the things which need fixing. Like the absence of an off button for the radio, the none functioning button to turn off the screen (which displays an ad instead), the stupidity of having a steering wheel mute button instead of a pause button (like try to find the spot where you left off in an audio book which you paused an hour ago), getting rid of swoosh sounds and video effects, etc, etc.

I am frustrated that GM does not allow owners to customize the vehicle to their liking or to fix the problems. But since it's all run by a computer, surely someone must have hacked into it. Can anyone tell me how to do that or how to find more information on the subject? I just don't want to live with what a Chevy software engineer 5 years ago deemed good enough.

Lastly, is there a software update so Apple car play gets installed on the system?

Thank you

leppard3

Re: How to hack into computer?

Postby leppard3 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:07 pm

I know I wasn't very helpful with your questions in my previous reply to your last post. After reading this most recent post, my advice to you would be to sell the Volt. You are obviously not happy with it and will NEVER be happy with it. If a little "swoosh" sound and a screen that displays "Volt" on it when off really irks you that much, you must not have many other problems in life.

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”