Why I Bought a 2017 Volt and not Bolt

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
VoltEnthusiast

Re: Why I Bought a 2017 Volt and not Bolt

Postby VoltEnthusiast » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:47 am

It's time for an update regarding my experience in owning and driving my 2017 Volt. Over the past eight months I have been more than pleased with the MPGe performance of my Volt. The government rating is 106 mpge, but I'm now up to "lifetime" 121 mpge according to the car's statistics screen. The car often tells me I have 75 miles on a full charge, but rarely do I drive that far on a trip. Of course, a lot of that depends on how I drive and your own performance may exceed or fail to meet the government's 106 mpge rating. I did try driving in "L" gear, but although it was fun to drive "one pedal", it could not match the mpge I got using "D" drive. I suspect this is because I must already drive efficiently enough and "L" does not help me in that respect. I have yet to buy any gas although I would qualify that by admitting I am only up to about 3600 miles of driving. Not having taken any long road trips requiring gas has helped with my mpge and mpg and proved the value of driving "totally" electric. In all other aspects, my 2017 Volt has met my expectations including getting a $7500 "refund" on my income tax return!

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”