Why I Bought a 2017 Volt and not Bolt

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
VoltEnthusiast

Re: Why I Bought a 2017 Volt and not Bolt

Postby VoltEnthusiast » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:47 am

It's time for an update regarding my experience in owning and driving my 2017 Volt. Over the past eight months I have been more than pleased with the MPGe performance of my Volt. The government rating is 106 mpge, but I'm now up to "lifetime" 121 mpge according to the car's statistics screen. The car often tells me I have 75 miles on a full charge, but rarely do I drive that far on a trip. Of course, a lot of that depends on how I drive and your own performance may exceed or fail to meet the government's 106 mpge rating. I did try driving in "L" gear, but although it was fun to drive "one pedal", it could not match the mpge I got using "D" drive. I suspect this is because I must already drive efficiently enough and "L" does not help me in that respect. I have yet to buy any gas although I would qualify that by admitting I am only up to about 3600 miles of driving. Not having taken any long road trips requiring gas has helped with my mpge and mpg and proved the value of driving "totally" electric. In all other aspects, my 2017 Volt has met my expectations including getting a $7500 "refund" on my income tax return!

rubyatiy

Postby rubyatiy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:22 am

PatWo wrote:
wongefeihong187 wrote:Me too. Just leased a Volt due to the Asian conquest incentive in March that put the price of progentra the Volt under $150 a month for three years without any money out of pocket (taking an account for the CA rebate of $1500). Agreed that Bolt prices for purchase and lease is way too much to consider. Maybe in three years when my Volt lease is up there will be more choices/prices for all electric vehicles.

I'll be buying the Volt soon. Thanks for the advice.

These volt are not for selling purpose because can't you keep those money rebate out of it :|

VoltEnthusiast

Postby VoltEnthusiast » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:40 am

Congrats on getting one of the last Volts to be made. It's a shame Chevy did not pursue a "Volt Solution" by expanding their line of electric/gas combo architecture. Why couldn't the Bolt have been a longer electric range, SUV version of the Volt? I would have jumped at getting one! All current issues regarding electrics such as not enough charging stations, slow recharging and limited range could be bypassed with the Volt architecture. There is a spot in the marketplace for a car that can bridge the electric/gas gap until all these electric issues are resolved. In the meantime I have an electric without any range issues. Since I drive electric 89% of the time, I am also making a contribution towards a cleaner environment. My overall MPGe dropped to 116 due to several long trips where I used gas, but I've improved my electric driving MPGe to between 150-200 with some short distances at 250+. When I fully recharge the battery, the estimated range starts out as high as 85 miles so I'm very, very pleased. I'm hanging onto my Volt as long as I can.

Ferndal

Postby Ferndal » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:23 am

wongfeihong187 wrote:Me too. Just leased a Volt due to the Asian conquest incentive in March that put the price of the Volt under $150 a month for three years without any money out of pocket (taking an account for the CA rebate of $1500). the price of v tight gel Agreed that Bolt prices for purchase and lease is way too much to consider. Maybe in three years when my Volt lease is up there will be more choices/prices for all electric vehicles.

I'll be buying the Volt soon. Thanks for the advice.

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”