Playlists for '17 Volt Premium

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
Bookbear

Playlists for '17 Volt Premium

Postby Bookbear » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Hello and happy New Year! I am a new Volt owner and have been spending the past two weeks getting up to speed on all the new features. This is my first new car in over 12 years, so things have progressed quite a lot, technology-wise.

At the moment, I am working with playing music from a USB thumb drive. I can ask the system to play a given song or a given artist and it will, but I would like to create play lists for longer trips. I already do this on my Cowen J3 player, which I can connect via the headphone output to the AUX input, but it won't respond to voice commands.

Does the sound system accept playlists on a USB thumb drive? If so, what format do th eplaylists need to be in?

Thanks in advance
'17 Volt Premier, Pepperdust, Driver Confidence 1 & 2, navigation

Bookbear

Re: Playlists for '17 Volt Premium

Postby Bookbear » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:37 am

Answered my own question. 1. Yes, it will use playlists. 2. The m3u format works best for the playlists.
'17 Volt Premier, Pepperdust, Driver Confidence 1 & 2, navigation

dmcroberts4

Re: Playlists for '17 Volt Premium

Postby dmcroberts4 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 am

The 2017 Volt, not having a cd player is a true design flaw. This is an idea that should be punished!

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”