Replacement Charger - Recommendations

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
Labamba32

Replacement Charger - Recommendations

Postby Labamba32 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:47 am

The charger that was provided with my 2011 Volt has stopped working. It doesn't even power on any longer. I called the dealership and they said this is not a service issue as they only fix items on the car itself so the only option is to buy a totally new charger unit. With that in mind before I buy one directly from Chevrolet for $500 I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with any after market solutions. Some of my restrictions are as follows:

1) I don't have the ability (or desire) to do a level 2 (240V) charger
2) I park my car in the driveway so I can't mount the charger on the wall, it needs to be mobile so I can run an extension cord to it from a plug in the garage. I suppose alternatively I could do a wall mount if an extension cord with the part that goes into the car on both ends but I've never seen anything like that.

Any one have any suggestions?

leppard3

Re: Replacement Charger - Recommendations

Postby leppard3 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:19 pm

My suggestions would be eBay, just a quick search showed a few on there for sale. As for my other suggestion, I have a 240V charger from Clipper Creek. They also sell four different level 1 chargers, the one that would fit your needs is $395.
I do not have any experienece with any other brands.
Hope that helps, at least a little bit.

dlaciv12

Re: Replacement Charger - Recommendations

Postby dlaciv12 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:59 pm

I found this at Amazon: http://a.co/7zI4L4E

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”