Cannot shift into Low- 2014 Volt

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
hughlamb3

Cannot shift into Low- 2014 Volt

Postby hughlamb3 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:54 am

Greetings! I have joined the tribe and I'm mostly very happy. I am the proud owner of a 2014 Volt Base with 38k on it.

One remote key fob had a dead battery but I had spare 3032s. I did have the joy of experiencing a flat tire less that 12 hours after I bought my car. That was a $100 surprise for a new tire, but looking through the threads I guess I'm lucky my Fix-A-Flat canister was empty! I'm pretty lucky that, as a certified pre-owned Volt, it comes with a 12 month 12,000 mile Bumper-to-Bumper warranty AND a 100K Mile power train warranty. I did NOT but the super deluxe $4,000 extended service contract.

The problem is I cannot shift into Low. I know how to squeeze the trigger, but it just won't go. I have an appointment next week, but I wondered if anyone else has experienced this issue. I assume that the linkage needs to be adjusted and that it is not that I'm not holding my head right. Any ideas? I like in a mountainous region and didn't want to ride the brakes all the time going downhill, regeneration or not.

Thanks in advance,
Hugh

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”