All lights flashing in and out

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
Kimbradford

All lights flashing in and out

Postby Kimbradford » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:11 am

My Volt went crazy last night. All the exterior and interior lights started flashing. Nothing would turn them off. Then they stopped flashing and just stayed on. I couldn't start it or turn it on or anything. I called the dealership and they told me not to plug in and to just leave it until today to have it towed in. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering what happened. The two truck is on the way here.

Bookbear

Re: All lights flashing in and out

Postby Bookbear » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Was there ever a resolution to this?
'17 Volt Premier, Pepperdust, Driver Confidence 1 & 2, navigation

Scottnut

Postby Scottnut » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:36 am

I want to know what to do, the light will flash. Can you tell me?

Neverwalk

Postby Neverwalk » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:03 am

It is useful as well.

Ekararts

Postby Ekararts » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:55 pm

Will have a video to see it offline.

KenX

Postby KenX » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:29 am

This happened to me Sunday! I called On Star and had Roadside Assistance send a a tow truck. I'm at the dealership right now after two days of back and forth between On Star and the dealership (the long holiday weekend made everything more complicated).

I will let you know what the diagnosis is.

I cannot convey how completely disgusted I am to have this happen on my Volt barely a week after the odometer turned 36,000 miles. No new car should leave its owner stranded in this day and age. This is completely inexcusable.

I have been a vocal champion of Chevrolet and the Volt and am completely changed by this experience.

KenX

Postby KenX » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:56 am

I didn't realize this topic was so old when I posted, sorry.

Hopefully this will still be useful to someone.

Still waiting to hear from the dealership!

KenX

Postby KenX » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:19 am

So for the time being, this has been resolved.

The "regular" car battery was completely dead, so they charged that. Then they were able to power up the car and read the error codes and an error came up in the Side Detection Module. They wiped that and reprogrammed it and as far as they could tell, everything is fine now. They said to let them know if anything else strange happens.

This would have been less troubling if it had happened barely three weeks ago as it turns out we had JUST passed out of the 36k mile warranty window. It is hard not to feel like the timing is suspicious. We had to pay for the hours of labor investigating and trouble-shooting, and also for the loaner car while the Volt was out of commission.

This experience has really soured me on Chevrolet and GM. Not only did everyone seem totally befuddled by the problems with my Volt, but the dealer's entire service department was swamped, buried under tons of work. How many other Chevrolets are leaving their drivers stranded with bizarre electrical failures?

I originally intended to get a new Volt or Bolt EV when this lease ends but now I don't know what we'll do.

On a positive note, my dealer's service department (Best Chevrolet in Hingham, MA) was fantastic. They were considerate, attentive, apologetic and made me feel like they were doing their absolute best for me.

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”