Mainstream News Media still no Volt owner testimonials ?

When Volts are available, here will be the place to talk about how to Detail, Maintain and Customize your Volt. Other good topics are charging (solar or otherwise) smartphone app usage, etc.
JeffU

Mainstream News Media still no Volt owner testimonials ?

Postby JeffU » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:40 pm

With many Volts owners reporting amazing mileage, 60 - 290 miles per gallon, the mainstream news media still fails to interview and report on this amazing highly praised car. I think the Volt is still a very hard car for most to understand. Volt owners telling their stories will win the day and sway the public to except plugin electric cars. For the switch from gasoline to battery powered cars is the most important thing we can do as a country and as humans.

The more Americans driving on electrons instead of gas or any liquid fuel the better off we all will be.
It would change our economy for the best and give us a clean and sustainable way to get around in our cars.

Contact your local news and tell your Volt story!

mdellis

Re: Mainstream News Media still no Volt owner testimonials ?

Postby mdellis » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:20 pm

Most of the mainstream press and some automotive press do not understand the Volt, or get the data wrong. Before I bought my Volt I thought that the Prius was the king of the road for mpg. Boy, was I wrong! I have put over 3600 miles on my Volt after taking delivery on June 15, 2011 and I have a lifetime combined 93 MPG. That number is hard to explain to people, but true. I have reduced my fuel bill by 2/3rds. Electric plug in cars are just starting to gain some acceptance, and this type of vehicle market will only get larger. I am already seeing competiton for open spots at the Chargepoint stations at my local malls / shopping areas. :!:

Return to “Chevy Volt Owners Lounge”