Remote Keys Problem

Anything not covered by the others forums post here!
VoltEnthusiast

Remote Keys Problem

Postby VoltEnthusiast » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:57 pm

I am a new owner of a 2017 Volt. Today had problems trying to start the car and got a fleeting message about No Remote Key Detected Place Key in Transmitter Pocket then Start your Vehicle. Having left the manual at home, I did not know where this "Transmitter Pocket" was located. The diagram was not clear and the message fleeting. Since my wife was with me and because she had her remote key for the car I tried hers and got the same result. I do not think it's possible both remote key batteries went dead or weak because I eventually was able to start it after telling my wife to walk away from the car with her remote. Are there any known issues with having two remote keys with RKE transmitter, for the same Volt, close to the car? Did they confuse each other or interfered with each other?

VoltEnthusiast

Re: Remote Keys Problem

Postby VoltEnthusiast » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:34 am

Having this problem again I think I now know the why. I could be confusing the software for starting the car by trying to start it on top of having already started it. There is not all that much difference between starting and turning off the car (brake pedal), and possibly opening the door at the same time may be confusing the remote key. Being patient and paying attention is a small price to pay to shutting Down the car correctly. ;)

Return to “General Chevy Volt Forum”