2017 volt problems

Anything not covered by the others forums post here!
AnPeter90

2017 volt problems

Postby AnPeter90 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:38 pm

I've owned the 2017 Chevy volt since the end of March. This stupid thing will not read my iPod or anybody's iPod through the USB port. It worked intermittently when I bought the thing. I took it in to see what the problem was and they could do nothing. I kept having to plug it in and unplug it to get it to read the iPod. Then it just stopped recognizing it entirely. The same with two different iPods. Took it back in and was told they could do nothing. Called them, still nothing. $40,000 car and I can't play my music. GM keeps telling the dealer it's an iPod problem with their software. Wrong! If that was the case it would've never worked. After having the car serviced and this problem continuing I left the dealership and the cruise control stop working. I had to stop the car turn it off and restart it to get the cruise control to work. If it happens again I'm going to go crazy. Had three Hondas never took any of them in for warranty work.The glove compartment is worthless.
Xem xe tai van dongben 2 cho: http://hyundai3cuc.vn/san-pham/xe-tai-v ... x30-2-cho/
It mangles anything you put in it because everything catches in the hinge. The guy the designed this should be made to open and close it 1000 times. The rear hatch latch depression catches everything. It's impossible to open the rear hatch without getting your hands dirty. Cleaning the car is a pain. Lots of little nooks and crannies that are impossible to get into. Try cleaning the volt emblem on the back! Cleaning the inside of the rear hatch window will put you in the hospital. Even with an extension handle it's impossible. a rear window wiper would be nice. The front wipers are the best I've ever seen on any vehicle anywhere. Full coverage no lines left anywhere. The intermittent control has a wide range and easily set. The graphics are backwards as to the interval designation but who's looking. The speedometer graphics and information are close to perfect. The cruise control is accurate, easy to use, and the resume function is very helpful. hd700 đồng vàng tại đây
The hold button and the emergency flashers could be moved. The flashers are too easy to hit by mistake and the hold button requires you to take your eyes off the road to find it. The engineering is great. My combined mileage over 5800 miles is 117 miles per gallon. That's 3500 electric miles and 2500 gas miles mostly on two way blacktop. Speed limit 60 miles an hour or through town. The car handles great. Can take a corner aggressively and is very responsive. The acceleration is fantastic for a small car. No problem with passing. The electric range is 58 miles full charge. I charge at 12 A and it takes about eight hours from dead to full charge. On 110 current. As a car it's great as for the peripherals, not so sure.
Giá Hyundai county Đồng Vàng màu vàng đồng ghế 1-3 nỉ nhập: http://hyundai3cuc.vn/san-pham/hyundai- ... -3-ni-nhap
Last edited by AnPeter90 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

bkhuey

Re: 2017 volt problems

Postby bkhuey » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:00 pm

I, too, have been having this issue intermittently. I've swapped out cables, phones, disconnected bluetooth, and on, and on... Naturally, when I take it in, it works just fine. Little bugger.

But... The other day I decided to try something. And so far, I'm back in business. I was trying to play my iPod (via my iPhone) and it was either saying No Media Found or it was playing something, but no audio was coming out (can't remember which... both have happened repeatedly). I was plugged in (i.e., not connected via bluetooth) and decided to try Spotify to see if it would work. Spotify worked, which puzzled me and confirmed that the Infotainment thing could "see" my phone.

On a whim, I decided to switch back to Media/iPod to see if it would 'reappear.' It did. And, since then, it's been working just fine.

Perhaps this will work for you too.

Best of luck!

Brian

idolno1

Re: 2017 volt problems

Postby idolno1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:29 pm

I'd claim the "lemon" law on this one. Just say you've been having trouble with cruise control not working and have turning the car off/on just to get it to start working again and on top of everything else. Just keep taking it back claiming the same issue over and over so it's on record. HOLD THEM TO IT!!!

This sort of thing happened to my wife's Jeep Liberty. She could've claimed the lemon law but didn't push hard enough. Now she's stuck with the problem. Basically paid for a bunk car.

Return to “General Chevy Volt Forum”