2017 Volt check engine/not charging

Anything not covered by the others forums post here!
partha_pal

2017 Volt check engine/not charging

Postby partha_pal » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:23 am

Got my 2017 Volt in Oct 2016, and had no problem so far. On 7/21 while getting out for work-- noticed the check engine light on. Looked around in the Internet and was hoping that after several charges it will go away, and if not not I will get it to the dealer Monday. But when plugged in the evening on Friday-- the charge light started with blinks and left it there. On Sat I had a short errand, started the car-- check engine is still on-- dash showed 52 mile EV range. But after I went out-- ev range dropped to 0, and it switched to the generator-- even though the mode was showing the normal EV mode. Dealers are closed on Sunday-- so will have to call them Monday-- but has anyone encountered this kind of problem? The car runs on the generator power, but AC does not work.

I looked around -- but did not find much about this. Sorry if this is already discussed-- if so, appreciate any pointer to those threads. Thank you.

seacruzin

Re: 2017 Volt check engine/not charging

Postby seacruzin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:16 pm

I'm having the same problem. I bought more in April 2017 check engine light came on stopped chrarging. O brought it to the dealer and told me it had 3 bad cells. Now it charges 3/4 of the way. Brought it back told me there was an update on the program. Program updated now charges 1/2 way. Called GM made a complaint. It"s now August nothing done yet. Have they figured your's out what the problem was? Please let me know.Thanks

Return to “General Chevy Volt Forum”