Normal fan noise?

Anything not covered by the others forums post here!
blackcats1212

Normal fan noise?

Postby blackcats1212 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:52 am

I did a search but unfortunately most questions about fan noise are while charging. The few others I found didn't sound like what I heard today so I thought I'd ask as I don't know what type of fan sounds are normal on this car yet.
more: mua chung cư 44 triều khúc

Today I had just pulled onto a side road and slowed for a left turn and while sitting at the stop sign, I heard a whirring/whining sound. It sounded maybe like an electric cooling fan sound morphed with the whirring of a fuel pump sound. I actually heard it over the radio with the windows up. Not that it was loud, but I could make it out. Turned the radio off to make sure it wasn't a humming in the song and it sounded like it was from my car.
more: mua chung cư eco dream

The location sounded like somewhere near the rear of the car like maybe the left rear wheel well. Doesn't make sense. After I accelerated after the turn, I didn't hear it again. I can't 100% rule out that it was another car in the area making that noise since mine is silent: you hear everything. But I did pay attention and as other cars near me drove off, the sound stayed the same which makes me think it was from the Volt.

Car was in full eV mode with 80% charge, driving in normal mode with A/C and radio on.

Thanks for any insights.
more: du an xuan mai complex

wizard of ahs

Re: Normal fan noise?

Postby wizard of ahs » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:49 pm

Normal.........sounds like the cooling fan for the 12v inverter.

Return to “General Chevy Volt Forum”