gaz-engine consumption

Anything not covered by the others forums post here!
raybit

gaz-engine consumption

Postby raybit » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:37 am

I live in Montreal...when the weather cools off as in the past few days, the gas powered generator kicks in ...that is OK BUT 20+ liters per 100 kilometers is clearly WRONG....my average daily use of the car is 40 kilometers so there is no need for a generator to kick in EVER...My Volt is a 2017 ...barely 15 months "old" ..I looked at the climate setting and it is at -5 degrees C...it has to be rest to -10 and I hope that this will solve the problem as it appears it did last November.....question is : why is the gas generator kicking in when the battery as 50+ E miles to go ?

Disappointed because every thing else about the VOLT, I found excellent: Handling, comfort etc.

leppard3

Re: gaz-engine consumption

Postby leppard3 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:35 pm

You need to look up something called ERDTT, short for Engine running due to temperature. I know at a certain temperature the gas engine will run to warm the main battery. This has nothing to do with what your climate control is set at. This could be what you are experiencing???? I am not at all familiar with how that works, living in Arizona, but I would check that out and see what you think.

Return to “General Chevy Volt Forum”