After Market Dash Camera

Anything not covered by the others forums post here!
Daddy-R

After Market Dash Camera

Postby Daddy-R » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am

Anyone have any experience/recommendations for an after-market Dash Cam?

Kam74Volt

Re: After Market Dash Camera

Postby Kam74Volt » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:21 pm

I have a Blackvue dash cam dual camera (front and back). It was easy to install in my 2017 Volt. Just run the wire under the plastic molding around the windows. The picture is 4K front and 1080 back (I think). It is very clear. I replaced the ssd with a 128gb ssd. I have had it for about 10 months and have no issues. After you start the car, a voice tells you it is starting normal recording. I checked the image on a free app they give you for a windows computer. It is great. You can see everything clearly, wide angle. You can read the license plates of the cars around you. I recommend it. It plugs into your 12V power plug.

I do have another device (extra cost) that you are supposed to put on a 'live' wire from the battery so it will run in standby mode after you turn the key off. It activates automatically if someone touches or comes near the car. It will not run the battery down. There is a setting to make sure the battery voltage does not drop past a point you set. I have not installed that because I don't want a dealer to say I voided the warranty. I will ask them at my next service.

https://www.blackvue.com/

Return to “General Chevy Volt Forum”