Chevy Volt Unplugged Tour - San Francisco CA

Official and Unofficial Volt Related Event Posts go here!
PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Chevy Volt Unplugged Tour - San Francisco CA

Postby PatrickZWang » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:08 pm

San Francisco - Oct. 13 and 14

Oct. 14 - 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Volt Ride and Drive
50 Moraga Ave.
San Francisco, CA 91429

This event is in the Presidio, anyone planning on being there post here!

Jeff N

Re: Chevy Volt Unplugged Tour - San Francisco CA

Postby Jeff N » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:06 am

I'm scheduled to drive the Volt at 3:30pm on Thursday the 14th.
The answer is 0042.

sgc

Postby sgc » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:16 am

how did you get "scheduled"...is there some process to make an appointment at this event? And if so, what about making appointments at other events?

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Postby PatrickZWang » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey There,

Check out this link to get signed up - I'll also make a post to the main board - seems like not everyone has seen this!

https://www.teamchevytestdrive.com/register.aspx

Patrick

frede

Postby frede » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:05 pm

I am scheduled for 3:30 as well, but am not sure I'll be able to get out of work and make my way up to the city from Mountain View. My wife works in The City so I may send her in my place if she can get there.

frede

Postby frede » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:04 pm

I managed to make it up to SF for the test drive, and it was a great experience. Not very crowded, and while I waited in line to take my turn I met JeffN and goyogi and we chatted about ...what else, the Volt.

They had a Viridian Joule/white console volt sitting there that you could sit in and check out, and at least 5 Volts pulling in and out for test drives, so we got to see all of the various color/seats/console/wheel options. The one I drove was a Gray/neutral seats/black console. Hans, who works at the Hammtrack (sp) factory, was my passenger/guide. We drove around the Presidio for about 8 minutes. It was hard to talk to him, drive, and process the experience of driving the Volt all at once, so I didn't get to check out as much as I would have liked. Since I was one of the last scheduled appointments, the car was well past electric mode, and halfway thru a tank of gas. I was surprised at the average mileage for the day -- 31.8 mpg. Granted people were punching the car along short stretches of an essentially residential area with stop signs etc, but given that this included 30-40 miles of electric usage (I assume), that puts the CS mileage well into the 20's.

After the drive I am still quite happy with my impending purchase, and can't wait to take delivery. This was the first time I got to see the white console, which I ordered, and I don't like it. Way too...in your face. My order hasn't entered production yet so I am calling my dealer today to change to the black console. Also, a couple of the cars had the standard wheels instead of the polished aluminum, and I like the standard wheels the same or better than the upgraded wheels, so I am going to remove that option from my order as well (and save $700). I am torn between the black leather vs neutral seats. The neutral looks really nice and adds an element of luxury to me (at the expense of worrying about getting them dirty). They are actually half black/half neutral, as the back of the front seats and the bottom-facing portion of the seats is black leather. Makes for a nice contrast.

RecessionCone

Postby RecessionCone » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm

It was fun to meet some of you at the Unplugged tour. My favorite part of the whole experience was actually getting to meet some other Volt enthusiasts.

I've written up some thoughts about my drive here: http://recessioncone.blogspot.com/2010/ ... -volt.html

Return to “Chevy Volt Events”