Chevy Volt Unplugged Tour - Los Angeles CA

Official and Unofficial Volt Related Event Posts go here!
PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Chevy Volt Unplugged Tour - Los Angeles CA

Postby PatrickZWang » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Los Angeles - Oct. 16 - 18

Oct. 16 - 12 - 4 p.m.
Volt Ride and Drive at LA Fashion Weekend's Public "Green" Show
Sunset Gower Studios
1438 North Gower Street
Los Angeles, CA 90028

Oct. 17 - 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Volt Ride and Drive at Best Buy
740 S Sepulveda Blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA 90245

Post here if you plan on attending this event!

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Re: Chevy Volt Unplugged Tour - Los Angeles

Postby PatrickZWang » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:09 pm

I will be at the October 17th Event in Manhattan Beach!

Patrick

sgc

Re: Chevy Volt Unplugged Tour - Los Angeles CA

Postby sgc » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:15 am

Where is the event on the 18th?

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Postby PatrickZWang » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:37 pm

I don't think there is one on the 18th. Not sure why they said 16-18th. Maybe that's when they pack up and drive down to San Diego.

I'll let you know if one gets posted for the 18th.

Patrick

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Postby PatrickZWang » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:13 pm

Here is the Event Flyer!

Cheers

Patrick

sgc

Postby sgc » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:22 am

I was planning on going to the Sat 10/16 event. I am confirmed by email for 10/17, but can't attend that because I have personal conflicts that day.

I am kinda ticked off that the Sat 10/16 event requires us to pay $25 to attend a fashion show. Per an email I received today from the Unplugged Tour organizing firm:

As Chevrolet is a guest at the Fashion Show, we are not in control of ticketing. Therefore, in order to drive the Volt on Saturday at "The Green Initiative - Humanitarian Fashion Show" you must purchase a ticket. To do so, follow the link below to complete this process. Please note: by attending the fashion show, you will not have an appointed time to drive the Chevrolet Volt, rather you will have to adhere to the guidelines and procedures as explained at the event.

To Purchase Tickets: http://gymfashionshowtix.eventbrite.com/

sgc

Postby sgc » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Well, I made it to the LA fashion show event Saturday [yesterday] and it was great....the Volt that is, not the fashion show.
I bought my fashion show ticket as instructed [see my other post] and paid valet once I got to the studios. Then,, one of the Volt event organizers asked me if I paid valet [$10], which I did. I also said I was told I had pay for a fashion show ticket. Well, that was all wrong, and Cynthia made it all right, comping my valet and reimbursing me for the fashion show ticket. What a class act! Because, after all, I did not need to pay for either item in order to attend the Volt event. I really appreciate that good will on Chevy's part.

Anyway, I hung out there at the event for about 4 hours, talked to various engineers, assembly line supervisors, media relations, and customer service folks who were part of the Unplugged Tour. A great bunch who let me drive the Volt as many times as I wanted....about 5-6 times around the busy LA blocks, and answered all of my questions.

Thank you Volt Unplugged Tour staff for the chance to drive the car I've ordered, previously sight unseen!

sgc

Postby sgc » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:54 pm

Patrick - how did you enjoy the Unplugged event at Best Buy?

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Postby PatrickZWang » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:59 am

The Best Buy Event was great! I'll have photos and a recap soon, but just got back from Los Angeles :)

Very happy to see the progress made from Pre-Production to sale intent vehicles. They are much more complete and refined as the months go on, but stay tuned for my full post on it :)

Patrick

Return to “Chevy Volt Events”