Cooling System Problems?

Anything not covered by the others forums post here!
SpaceCadet

Cooling System Problems?

Postby SpaceCadet » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:38 am

Has anyone experienced cooling system problems with a 2012 Volt? The Volt I am in the process of buying developed a coolant leak during a 200 mile drive to deliver the car to my local dealer. I'm a little concerned about how this could happen and the consequences to the car from having lost pressurization during the drive.

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Re: Cooling System Problems?

Postby PatrickZWang » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:19 pm

Hey there,

Do you mean the air conditioning / compressor loop or one of the cooling loops in the radiator stack?

Patrick

SpaceCadet

Postby SpaceCadet » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:05 pm

PatrickZWang wrote:Hey there,

Do you mean the air conditioning / compressor loop or one of the cooling loops in the radiator stack?

Patrick

The radiator stack.

PatrickZWang
Site Admin

Postby PatrickZWang » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Is it clear where the leak is? (e.g. if you pick up a nasty enough rock on any radiator - it will leak). But if its on the seals or one of the other pumps, there's more work involved. (Wouldn't they need to repair it before it could be sold?)

I saw your other post about the condition of the car. Hard to say as many don't see the car before it is actually dealer prepped. When mine was shipped out it was pretty dirty from having snow accumulate on top of it for a while.

If it scares you and you can afford to wait a few months, the 2013's are supposed to have some nice updates, though I'm not sure the price you are getting on this one.

Patrick

SpaceCadet

Postby SpaceCadet » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:37 am

I'll find out more about the cooling system leak today. I told the saleman I wanted to speak directly to the mechanic working on the car.

SpaceCadet

Postby SpaceCadet » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:17 am

OK, here's the story. A fitting on one of the coolant tanks was accidentally damaged during the recall operation to add bracing to the battery. No fault of the cooling system, just a tech who was not as careful as he/she should have been.

Adam007

Postby Adam007 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 am

I think you need to fill up the coolant fluids as they are are low because of leakage. Because of the leakage the coolant system is not working properly and heated up rapidly. So try to fix it then if you remain the problem then tell us.

wheelchair access vehicle conversions | Who we are?
Last edited by Adam007 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

apvkt

Postby apvkt » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:54 am

If you are not able to find out the leakage then it is necessary to take your vehicle to the mechanic. He is the right person to diagnose the problem and fix the solution. Even if you are working, be safety. It is must to wear gloves and goggles which avoids coolant from getting in your eyes or into cuts and abrasions on your sking. If you are not able to handle, it will lead to injuries.

Tezuni

Postby Tezuni » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Consult a mechanic...

Return to “General Chevy Volt Forum”